The Tale Of Two Apps
The Chinese company ByteDance acquired the popular music and lip-synching application called Musical.ly. ByteDance introduced its new application called Douyin in the Chinese market. Statistics proved that the Chinese developers developed the app over 200 days and received more than 100 million active users within a year. They expanded the application internationally but rebranded it in the name of TikTok in the international market.
They combined and merged the existing user database of Musical.ly and consolidated into a single application. The original version of TikTok called Douyin was kept as a separate social media application in its homeland and currently has more than 300 million active users.
TikTok continues the core business of Musoical.ly and follows the same lip-synching features with massive database collection of music and song snippets to merge with the lip-sync. TikTok users still upload and share 15-second video incorporated with filters, soundtracks by music clips to fuel up the video in a fun and creative format. TikTok users can also string four 15 seconds video to create a loop of 60 seconds video long.
Tiktok As An Emerging Platform
TikTok is a rapidly rising platform popular among teenagers where users actively participate in funny videos. With the increased popularity of TikTok, several businesses use trollishly and started promoting their brands with a business account or through Influencer sponsorship. TikTok is sometimes amusing and sometimes cringe, but it definitely an addictive platform.
TikTok presents an alternative version of the social sharing of funny and creative videos globally. The robust platform allows users to create short-form video content combined with augmented reality filters, music, and some other innovative features.
How To Use TikTok
Videos are central, and TikTok does not support text or image sharing features. TikTok users can create, upload videos with start-stop recording built-in option on the application and also avail free tiktok fans. With the enhanced way of video recording, users can add filters, split screens, transitions, emojis, and much more. Let’s look at what a TikTok user can do on TikTok?
- Create, upload, and watch videos.
- Add music with its extensive TikTok music library and integration with Apple music.
- Interact and follow accounts they like, comment, and users can add videos, hashtags, and sounds to their favorite section.
- Discover various videos by searching hashtags, keywords, user’s accounts, and videos. TikTok users can also add friends by scanning their unique TikTok code.
- TikTok virtual coins can be used to give virtual gifts to other users on TikTok. TikTok users can buy virtual coins and can convert them into emoji or diamond.
TikTok Demographics And User Statistics
TikTok Usage Statistics
TikTok was launched in 2016, and within three years since the launch, it has exploded in its popularity in comparison with most popular social media giants like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and much more. TikTok currently has more than 800 million active users globally and increasing in its range every month. This makes TikTok as the sixth-largest social media network always stays ahead of the competition. Let’s dive deeper into TikTok’s usage statistics:
- In source with the leaked deck form TikTok, the widespread application has more than 800 million active users, where 500 million are from the Chinese market.
- The TikTok users open the application at an average of 8 times a day.
- TikTok is highly encouraged in South Asian countries. India leads TikTok with more than 300 million application installs and more than 120 million monthly active users.
- There are more than 30 million monthly active users in the United States. With more than 40 million application installs and reports, six percent of global downloads.
TikTok is the most downloaded social media application on the Apple store, represents more than 33 million downloads. The application actively competes around the top five social platforms, YouTube, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Facebook.
TikTok Conquers The Younger Generation
TikTok is a popular platform when it comes to entertaining and engaging with the younger generation, such as Generation Z and Millennial of the world. The TikTok usage statistic proves that more than 40% of active TikTok users are aged between 16 and 24.
The application developers have decided to choose under 18 as their core target audience. TikTok has understood the teens in a better way than competitor applications,. TikTok allows them to express in a creative way, and it is no surprise why TikTok has generated more hype among the teens of the world.